What's the HS Code for "Clothing"?
More details about this classification are below the fold, such as the duty rate, PGAs, additional tariffs, and legal notes...
Harmonized Tariff Schedule (Clothing HS Code)
How does the tariff book describe the HS Code for "Clothing"?
Searching for the HS Code for Clothing?
You're going to want to check for PGAs and Special Tariffs.
Partner Government Agencies
Some government agencies might need to be involved when importing a Clothing. These are agencies that regulate and oversee the importation of specific products into the country, including FDA, APHIS, EPA, FSIS, AMS, CDC, and many others.
Registered users always know if they'll need to contact a government agency by classifying products with Quickcode (always free!).
Additional Tariffs and Duties
Special Provisions, including China and Russia import laws, Countervailing, and Antidumping
Depending on the country of origin, intended use, and other factors, an imported Clothing may require one or more other HS Codes in addition to 4303.10 and — correspondingly — a different duty rate.
Registered users easily comply with ever-changing import and tariff laws by using Quickcode (always free!).
Read about other relevant content that may affect the HS Classification for Clothing
- Section VIII: HTSUS Tariff Notes
- Chapter 43: HTSUS Tariff Notes, 🔒 WCO Explanatory Notes
- 4303: 🔒 WCO Explanatory Notes
Tariff Legal Notes
Section VIII: Raw Hides and Skins, Leather, Furskins and Articles Thereof; Saddlery and Harness; Travel Goods, Handbags and Similar Containers; Articles of Animal Gut (Other Than Silkworm Gut)
- 1. Throughout the tariff schedule references to "furskins", other than to raw furskins of heading 4301, apply to hides or skins of all animals which have been tanned or dressed with the hair or wool on.
- 2. This chapter does not cover:
- (a) Birdskins or parts of birdskins, with their feathers or down (heading 0505 or 6701);
- (b) Raw hides or skins, with the hair or wool on, of chapter 41 (see note 1(c) to that chapter);
- (c) Gloves, mittens and mitts consisting of leather and furskin or of leather and artificial fur (heading 4203);
- (d) Articles of chapter 64;
- (e) Headgear or parts thereof of chapter 65; or
- (f) Articles of chapter 95 (for example, toys, games, sports equipment).
- 3. Heading 4303 includes furskins and parts thereof, assembled with the addition of other materials, and furskins and parts thereof, sewn together in the form of garments or parts or accessories of garments or in the form of other articles.
- 4. Articles of apparel and clothing accessories (except those excluded by note 2) lined with furskin or artificial fur or to which furskin or artificial fur is attached on the outside except as mere trimming are to be classified in heading 4303 or 4304 as the case may be.
- 5. Throughout the tariff schedule the expression "artificial fur" means any imitation of furskin consisting of wool, hair or other fibers gummed or sewn on to leather, woven fabric or other materials, but does not include imitation furskins obtained by weaving or knitting (generally, heading 5801 or 6001).
The information provided on this HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) Classification page is for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or substitute for professional guidance. We are not licensed customs brokers and do not provide classification advice. It is your responsibility to consult with a qualified customs broker or seek professional assistance for accurate and up-to-date tariff classification information. We shall not be held liable for any damages arising from the use or reliance on the information provided. Please consult the relevant authorities and comply with applicable laws and regulations.