What's the HS Code for "Diapers"?
More details about this classification are below the fold, such as the duty rate, PGAs, additional tariffs, and legal notes...
Harmonized Tariff Schedule (Diapers HS Code)
How does the tariff book describe the HS Code for "Diapers"?
Searching for the HS Code for Diapers?
You're going to want to check for PGAs and Special Tariffs.
Partner Government Agencies
Some government agencies might need to be involved when importing a Diapers. These are agencies that regulate and oversee the importation of specific products into the country, including FDA, APHIS, EPA, FSIS, AMS, CDC, and many others.
Registered users always know if they'll need to contact a government agency by classifying products with Quickcode (always free!).
Additional Tariffs and Duties
Special Provisions, including China and Russia import laws, Countervailing, and Antidumping
Depending on the country of origin, intended use, and other factors, an imported Diapers may require one or more other HS Codes in addition to 9619.00 and — correspondingly — a different duty rate.
Registered users easily comply with ever-changing import and tariff laws by using Quickcode (always free!).
Read about other relevant content that may affect the HS Classification for Diapers
- Section XX: HTSUS Tariff Notes
- Chapter 96: HTSUS Tariff Notes, 🔒 WCO Explanatory Notes
- 9619.00: 🔒 WCO Explanatory Notes
- Customs Rulings
Tariff Legal Notes
- 1. This chapter does not cover:
- (a) Pencils for cosmetic or toilet uses (chapter 33);
- (b) Articles of chapter 66 (for example, parts of umbrellas or walking-sticks);
- (c) Imitation jewelry (heading 7117);
- (d) Parts of general use, as defined in note 2 to section XV, of base metal (section XV) or similar goods of plastics (chapter 39);
- (e) Cutlery or other articles of chapter 82 with handles or other parts of carving or molding materials; heading 9601 or 9602 applies, however, to separately entered handles or other parts of such articles;
- (f) Articles of chapter 90 (for example, spectacle frames (heading 9003), mathematical drawing pens (heading 9017), brushes of a kind specialized for use in dentistry or for medical, surgical or veterinary purposes (heading 9018));
- (g) Articles of chapter 91 (for example, clock or watch cases);
- (h) Musical instruments or parts or accessories thereof (chapter 92);
- (ij) Articles of chapter 93 (arms and parts thereof);
- (k) Articles of chapter 94 (for example, furniture, luminaires and lighting fittings);
- (l) Articles of chapter 95 (toys, games, sports equipment); or
- (m) Works of art, collectors' pieces or antiques (chapter 97).
- 2. In heading 9602 the expression "vegetable or mineral carving material" means:
- (a) Hard seeds, pips, hulls and nuts and similar vegetable materials of a kind used for carving (for example, corozo and dom);
- (b) Amber, meerschaum, agglomerated amber and agglomerated meerschaum, jet and mineral substitutes for jet.
- 3. In heading 9603 the expression "prepared knots and tufts for broom or brush making" applies only to unmounted knots and tufts of animal hair, vegetable fiber or other material, which are ready for incorporation without division in brooms or brushes, or which require only such further minor processes as trimming to shape at the top, to render them ready for such incorporation.
- 4. Articles of this chapter, other than those of headings 9601 to 9606 or 9615, remain classified in the chapter whether or not composed wholly or partly of precious metal or metal clad with precious metal, of natural or cultured pearls, or precious or semiprecious stones (natural, synthetic or reconstructed). However, headings 9601 to 9606 and 9615 include articles in which natural or cultured pearls, precious or semiprecious stones (natural, synthetic or reconstructed), precious metal or metal clad with precious metal constitute only minor constituents.
- 1. For the purposes of heading 9606 the term "line" in the rates of duty columns means the line button measure of 0.635 mm.
- 2. Buttons (whether or not finished) provided for in subheadings 9606.21.40 and 9606.29.20 which are the product of an insular possession of the United States outside the customs territory of the United States and which are manufactured or produced from button blanks or unfinished buttons which were the product of any foreign country shall be subject to duty under subheadings 9606.21.40 and 9606.29.20 at the rates which apply to products of such foreign country.
Jul 19, 2017
Revocation of NY N264127, and HQ 965711; Modification of HQ 088425; Revoked or Modified by Operation of Law; tariff classification of nursing/breast pads
Jul 19, 2017
Revocation of NY N245827, NY N213901, NY J84296, HQ 965723, HQ 965746, HQ 965719, HQ 963488, NY D82853, NY C81609, and HQ 953391; Modification of HQ 965035, and NY 854729; Revoked or Modified by Operation of Law; tariff classification of nursing/breast pads
Apr 23, 2019
Tariff classification of diapers for babies
Jun 21, 2017
The tariff classification of a Cloth Diapering System and Soaker/Booster Pads
Jul 24, 2022
The tariff classification of disposable underwear from Thailand.
Aug 11, 2020
The tariff classification of disposable adult incontinence underwear from China
Jul 17, 2017
The tariff classification of dual-use Diaper Liners/Baby Wipes from China
The information provided on this HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) Classification page is for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or substitute for professional guidance. We are not licensed customs brokers and do not provide classification advice. It is your responsibility to consult with a qualified customs broker or seek professional assistance for accurate and up-to-date tariff classification information. We shall not be held liable for any damages arising from the use or reliance on the information provided. Please consult the relevant authorities and comply with applicable laws and regulations.