What's the HS Code for "Frozen Crab"?
More details about this classification are below the fold, such as the duty rate, PGAs, additional tariffs, and legal notes...
Harmonized Tariff Schedule (Frozen Crab HS Code)
How does the tariff book describe the HS Code for "Frozen Crab"?
|Unit of Quantity:||--|
|Rates of Duty|
Searching for the HS Code for Frozen Crab?
You're going to want to check for PGAs and Special Tariffs.
Partner Government Agencies
Some government agencies might need to be involved when importing a Frozen Crab. These are agencies that regulate and oversee the importation of specific products into the country, including FDA, APHIS, EPA, FSIS, AMS, CDC, and many others.
Registered users always know if they'll need to contact a government agency by classifying products with Quickcode (always free!).
Additional Tariffs and Duties
Special Provisions, including China and Russia import laws, Countervailing, and Antidumping
Depending on the country of origin, intended use, and other factors, an imported Frozen Crab may require one or more other HS Codes in addition to 0306.14 and — correspondingly — a different duty rate.
Registered users easily comply with ever-changing import and tariff laws by using Quickcode (always free!).
Read about other relevant content that may affect the HS Classification for Frozen Crab
- Section I: HTSUS Tariff Notes
- Chapter 3: HTSUS Tariff Notes, 🔒 WCO Explanatory Notes
- 0306: 🔒 WCO Explanatory Notes
Tariff Legal Notes
Section I: Live Animals; Animal Products
- 1. Any reference in this section to a particular genus or species of an animal, except where the context otherwise requires, includes a reference to the young of that genus or species.
- 2. Except where the context otherwise requires, throughout the tariff schedule any reference to "dried" products also covers products which have been dehydrated, evaporated or freeze-dried.
- 1. This chapter does not cover:
- (a) Mammals of heading 0106;
- (b) Meat of mammals of heading 0106 (heading 0208 or 0210);
- (c) Fish (including livers, roes and milt thereof) or crustaceans, molluscs or other aquatic invertebrates, dead and unfit or unsuitable for human consumption by reason of either their species or their condition (chapter 5); flours, meals or pellets of fish or of crustaceans, molluscs or other aquatic invertebrates, unfit for human consumption (heading 2301); or
- (d) Caviar or caviar substitutes prepared from fish eggs (heading 1604).
- 2. In this chapter the term "pellets" means products which have been agglomerated either directly by compression or by the addition of a small quantity of binder.
- 3. Headings 0305 to 0308 do not cover flours, meals and pellets, fit for human consumption (heading 0309).
- 1. Certain fish, crustaceans, molluscs and other aquatic invertebrates are provided for in chapter 98.
- 1. Imports of shrimp or products of shrimp are subject to the provisions of section 609 of Public Law 101-162 of November 21, 1989 (16 U.S.C. 1537 note).
The information provided on this HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) Classification page is for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or substitute for professional guidance. We are not licensed customs brokers and do not provide classification advice. It is your responsibility to consult with a qualified customs broker or seek professional assistance for accurate and up-to-date tariff classification information. We shall not be held liable for any damages arising from the use or reliance on the information provided. Please consult the relevant authorities and comply with applicable laws and regulations.