What's the HS Code for "Perfume"?
More details about this classification are below the fold, such as the duty rate, PGAs, additional tariffs, and legal notes...
Harmonized Tariff Schedule (Perfume HS Code)
How does the tariff book describe the HS Code for "Perfume"?
Searching for the HS Code for Perfume?
You're going to want to check for PGAs and Special Tariffs.
Partner Government Agencies
Some government agencies might need to be involved when importing a Perfume. These are agencies that regulate and oversee the importation of specific products into the country, including FDA, APHIS, EPA, FSIS, AMS, CDC, and many others.
Registered users always know if they'll need to contact a government agency by classifying products with Quickcode (always free!).
Additional Tariffs and Duties
Special Provisions, including China and Russia import laws, Countervailing, and Antidumping
Depending on the country of origin, intended use, and other factors, an imported Perfume may require one or more other HS Codes in addition to 3303.00 and — correspondingly — a different duty rate.
Registered users easily comply with ever-changing import and tariff laws by using Quickcode (always free!).
Read about other relevant content that may affect the HS Classification for Perfume
- Section VI: HTSUS Tariff Notes
- Chapter 33: HTSUS Tariff Notes, 🔒 WCO Explanatory Notes
- 3303.00: 🔒 WCO Explanatory Notes
Tariff Legal Notes
- (a) Goods (other than radioactive ores) answering to a description in heading 2844 or 2845 are to be classified in those headings and in no other heading of the tariff schedule.
- (b) Subject to paragraph (a) above, goods answering to a description in heading 2843, 2846 or 2852 are to be classified in those headings and in no other heading of this section.
- 2. Subject to note 1 above, goods classifiable in heading 3004, 3005, 3006, 3212, 3303, 3304, 3305, 3306, 3307, 3506, 3707 or 3808 by reason of being put up in measured doses or for retail sale are to be classified in those headings and in no other heading of the tariff schedule.
- 3. Goods put up in sets consisting of two or more separate constituents, some or all of which fall in this section and are intended to be mixed together to obtain a product of section VI or VII, are to be classified in the heading appropriate to that product, provided that the constituents are:
- (a) Having regard to the manner in which they are put up, clearly identifiable as being intended to be used together without first being repacked;
- (b) Entered together; and
- (c) Identifiable, whether by their nature or by the relative proportions in which they are present, as being complementary one to another.
- 4. Where a product answers to a description in one or more of the headings in section VI by virtue of being described by name or function and also to heading 3827, then it is classifiable in a heading that references the product by name or function and not under heading 3827.
- 1. In determining the amount of duty applicable to a solution of a single compound in water subject to duty in this section at a specific rate, an allowance in weight or volume, as the case may be, shall be made for the water in excess of any water of crystallization which may be present in the undissolved compound.
- 2. For the purposes of the tariff schedule:
- (a) The term "aromatic" as applied to any chemical compound refers to such compound containing one or more fused or unfused benzene rings;
- (b) The term "modified aromatic" describes a molecular structure having at least one six-membered heterocyclic ring which contains at least four carbon atoms and having an arrangement of molecular bonds as in the benzene ring or in the quinone ring, but does not include any such molecular structure in which one or more pyrimidine rings are the only modified aromatic rings present;
- (c) For the purposes of headings 2902, 2907 and 3817, the term "alkyl" describes any saturated acyclic hydrocarbon group having six or more carbon atoms or, subject to note 1 to chapter 29, any mixtures of such groups averaging six or more carbon atoms.
- 3. The term "products described in additional U.S. note 3 to section VI" refers to any product not listed in the Chemical Appendix to the Tariff Schedule and--
- (a) For which the importer furnishes the Chemical Abstracts Service (C.A.S.) registry number and certifies that such registry number is not listed in the Chemical Appendix to the Tariff Schedule; or
- (b) Which the importer certifies not to have a C.A.S. registry number and not to be listed in the Chemical Appendix to the Tariff Schedule, either under the name used to make Customs entry or under any other name by which it may be known.
- 1. This chapter does not cover:
- 2. The expression "odoriferous substances" in heading 3302 refers only to the substances of heading 3301, to odoriferous constituents isolated from those substances or to synthetic aromatics.
- 3. Headings 3303 to 3307 apply, inter alia, to products, whether or not mixed (other than aqueous distillates and aqueous solutions of essential oils), suitable for use as goods of these headings and put up in packings of a kind sold by retail for such use.
- 4. The expression "perfumery, cosmetic or toilet preparations" in heading 3307 applies, inter alia, to the following products: scented sachets; odoriferous preparations which operate by burning; perfumed papers and papers impregnated or coated with cosmetics; contact lens or artificial eye solutions; wadding, felt and nonwovens, impregnated, coated or covered with perfume or cosmetics; animal toilet preparations.
The information provided on this HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) Classification page is for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or substitute for professional guidance. We are not licensed customs brokers and do not provide classification advice. It is your responsibility to consult with a qualified customs broker or seek professional assistance for accurate and up-to-date tariff classification information. We shall not be held liable for any damages arising from the use or reliance on the information provided. Please consult the relevant authorities and comply with applicable laws and regulations.