What's the HS Code for "Sesame Seeds"?
More details about this classification are below the fold, such as the duty rate, PGAs, additional tariffs, and legal notes...
Harmonized Tariff Schedule (Sesame Seeds HS Code)
How does the tariff book describe the HS Code for "Sesame Seeds"?
|Unit of Quantity:||--|
|Rates of Duty|
Searching for the HS Code for Sesame Seeds?
You're going to want to check for PGAs and Special Tariffs.
Partner Government Agencies
Some government agencies might need to be involved when importing a Sesame Seeds. These are agencies that regulate and oversee the importation of specific products into the country, including FDA, APHIS, EPA, FSIS, AMS, CDC, and many others.
Registered users always know if they'll need to contact a government agency by classifying products with Quickcode (always free!).
Additional Tariffs and Duties
Special Provisions, including China and Russia import laws, Countervailing, and Antidumping
Depending on the country of origin, intended use, and other factors, an imported Sesame Seeds may require one or more other HS Codes in addition to 1207.40.00 and — correspondingly — a different duty rate.
Registered users easily comply with ever-changing import and tariff laws by using Quickcode (always free!).
Read about other relevant content that may affect the HS Classification for Sesame Seeds
- Section II: HTSUS Tariff Notes
- Chapter 12: HTSUS Tariff Notes, 🔒 WCO Explanatory Notes
- 1207: 🔒 WCO Explanatory Notes
- Customs Rulings
Tariff Legal Notes
- 1. In this section the term "pellets" means products which have been agglomerated either directly by compression or by the addition of a binder in a proportion not exceeding 3 percent by weight.
- 1. Heading 1207 applies, inter alia, to palm nuts and kernels, cotton seeds, castor oil seeds, sesame seeds, mustard seeds, safflower seeds, poppy seeds and shea nuts (karite nuts). It does not apply to products of heading 0801 or 0802 or to olives (chapter 7 or chapter 20).
- 2. Heading 1208 applies not only to non-defatted flours and meals but also to flours and meals which have been partially defatted or defatted and wholly or partially refatted with their original oils. It does not, however, apply to residues of headings 2304 to 2306.
- 3. For the purposes of heading 1209, beet seeds, grass and other herbage seeds, seeds of ornamental flowers, vegetable seeds, seeds of forest trees, seeds of fruit trees, seeds of vetches (other than those of the species Vicia faba ) or of lupines are to be regarded as "seeds of a kind used for sowing".Heading 1209 does not, however, apply to the following even if for sowing:
- 4. Heading 1211 applies, inter alia , to the following plants or parts thereof: basil, borage, ginseng, hyssop, licorice, all species of mint, rosemary, rue, sage and wormwood.Heading 1211 does not, however, apply to:
- 5. For the purposes of heading 1212, the term "seaweeds and other algae" does not include:
- 1. For the purposes of subheading 1205.10, the expression "low erucic acid rape or colza seeds" means rape or colza seeds yielding a fixed oil which has an erucic acid content of less than 2 percent by weight and yielding a solid component which contains less than 30 micromoles of glucosinolates per gram.
- 1. No allowance in weight shall be made for dirt or other impurities in seed of any kind provided for in this chapter.
- 2. The aggregate quantity of peanuts entered under subheadings 1202.30.40, 1202.41.40, 1202.42.15, 1202.42.60, and 2008.11.46 during the 12-month period from April 1 in any year through the following March 31, inclusive, shall not exceed the quantities specified herein (articles the product of Mexico shall not be permitted or included under this quantitative limitation and no such articles shall be classifiable therein).
Quantity (metric tons) Entered in the 12-month period from April 1 in any year through the following March 31, inclusive Argentina 43,901 Other countries or areas 9,005For the purposes of this note, imports of peanuts in the shell shall be charged against the quantities in this note on the basis of 75 kilograms for each 100 kilograms of peanuts in the shell.Imports of peanuts under this note are subject to such regulations as may be issued by the United States Trade Representative or other designated agency.
- 1. For a list of approved standards for "Certified organic", see General Statistical Note 6.
May 27, 1997
The tariff classification of sesame seeds, jaggery and tea from India.
Jul 27, 2000
The tariff classification spices, mixed seasonings/condiments, dried vegetables, and seeds, packed in a bamboo mat, from China.
The information provided on this HTS (Harmonized Tariff Schedule) Classification page is for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice or substitute for professional guidance. We are not licensed customs brokers and do not provide classification advice. It is your responsibility to consult with a qualified customs broker or seek professional assistance for accurate and up-to-date tariff classification information. We shall not be held liable for any damages arising from the use or reliance on the information provided. Please consult the relevant authorities and comply with applicable laws and regulations.